Sunday 9 September 2012

Booker T Interview On His New Book, Whether It Was Difficult To Relive The Memories


In the most recent edition of Extreme Pro Wrestling Radio on 100.3 FM KFAN in Minneapolis, hosts Big D & Crisco chat with WWE's Booker T, the new Smackdown GM! Highlights from the interview are as follows:

ON HIS BOOK "FROM PRISON TO PROMISE": "It wasn't a struggle to write it but it was to read it back. It takes me down that road again! I hope it touches troubled youth and helps them feel, if Booker T can do it...so can I, thats the reason I wrote the book!"

ON IF IT WAS DIFFICULT TO RELIVE THE MEMORIES "It was but it totally happend by accident. I took a trip to Newport & stayed on the beach. I stayed there for 3 months by myself & just reflected & all of these memories that I tried to hide & bury came flooding back! It was a real trip & I thought I really need to get all of this down on paper. I have always wanted to write a wrestling book, I ended up writing my life story! I cover where I come from, who I am, what builds my character, how did I end up being funny or so stupid at the same time! Everything I went thru built who I am, it made me way toughter than I ever thought I could be especially walking thru those prison walls. You never understand it until you're looking it in the face & remember what my mother has always told me, you know right from wrong, and I knew I did wrong so I had to pay for it and go from there."

DID YOU EVER WORRY HOW YOU WOULD BE VIEWED BY PEOPLE AFTER PUTTING THIS BOOK OUT: "Nah, you only live once & you cant worry about what people are gonna think about you after the fact or anything like that. That was my life, that is who I was and right now...I'm on a mission from God to help as many kids as I can before I leave this place we call earth. I have very little time to think about what someone thinks about me after writing this book!"

Booker T goes on to talk about what brought him from the comentator's table to the GM office and who will take home the World Title @ Night Of Champions! Hear the entire interview here.


No comments:

Post a Comment